RENT THE SBCC
We are available for weddings, birthday parties, quinceaneras, celebrations, performances, non-profit fundraiser events, festivals & functions. Corporate meetings, rehearsals, summer BBQ’S, seminars, holiday parties, and more! Full or partial venue rentals available. Book early to insure a spot, we fill up fast!
1. Complete the SBCC Rental Application form.
2. Submit your application with a deposit of half the rental fee and a copy of your driver’s license or other identification. Balance is due at least 2 weeks prior to your event. In the event a check is not received by that time, the rental balance and any other fees must be paid in cash or with credit card in order for the event to proceed as planned. It is the renter’s responsibility to make sure the fees are paid on time.
3. A cleaning/security deposit check is due 2 weeks prior to your event. If you honor the written terms of your agreement with the Community Center this fee will be refunded the week after your event. If not, a portion of your deposit may be retained.
4. A copy of the Renters Rules and Responsibilities (also posted in the the kitchen) will be given to you along with your Application for Use contract. It must be signed and returned to the SBCC prior to your event.
5. You will need to provide liability insurance for the day of the event. It may be secured through your homeowner’s policy or at wedsafe.com. The certificate must be in the name of the renter and be delivered to the office prior to your event.
6. If you are selling alcohol, or asking for donations, you will need a permit. It can be obtained from the State of California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (805) 543-7183. You are required by law to follow all the rules, regulations and laws established and set forth by the State of California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control.
7. Written cancellation must be received 30 days prior to your event or your deposit may be forfeited.
8. For use of the park lawn contact County Parks at 805- 781-5930 to secure a written agreement. You must provide the SBCC with a copy of this agreement.
For further information, please contact booking manager directly.
2021 Rental Fees
SATURDAY AND HOLIDAY – available 8:30 A.M. to Midnight
$650. for non-profits showing proof of 501(c)(3) status plus a $500 cleaning/security deposit that is refundable if the terms of the contract are met.
SUNDAY through FRIDAY
ENTIRE ASSEMBLY AREA with KITCHEN – 2 hour minimum
ENTIRE ASSEMBLY AREA without KITCHEN – 2 hour minimum
1/2 ASSEMBLY without KITCHEN – 2 hour minimum
*Rental fee includes set up for 100 people. Set up for each additional 100 people is $60.